The Chippewa Valley Symphony Orchestra seeks an administrative assistant to work part time at its office at 402 Graham Ave., Suite 205, in downtown Eau Claire.
About the Chippewa Valley Symphony
The Chippewa Valley Symphony Orchestra (CVSO) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization celebrating its 45th season in 2019-2020. CVSO performs five major concerts per year which include approximately 60 musicians from the Chippewa Valley as well as guest artists from across the world. In addition, CVSO coordinates the annual Kristo Orthodontics Young Artist Competition, the “Music Moves Me” student art gallery show, and the Symphony in Our Schools program.
The administrative assistant will support the day-to-day operations of the CVSO office. This staff member will report to the executive director. Responsibilities will include:
- Answering the phone and greeting visitors to the office.
- Clerical work such as preparing mailings, scanning, and filing.
- Tracking donations and preparing donor acknowledgment letters.
- Corresponding with staff, patrons, and volunteers via email.
- Pulling materials from the offsite music library, purchasing office supplies, sending mail, distributing posters, and other errands as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the executive director.
- Congenial manner and ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people
- Dependability and ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong writing and editing ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Background in music, marketing, photo/video, graphic design, web design, fundraising, non-profits, and/or community organizing would be beneficial but are not required
- Availability to work 12 hours per week between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at consistent times, e.g. every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
To Apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references to Anna Rybicki, Executive Director, at email@example.com or 402 Graham Ave., Suite 205, Eau Claire, WI 54701. The deadline to apply is November 22, 2019.